A highlight in the farming calendar, the eighth British Farming Awards will take place virtually for the first time on 21 October 2020.
The annual ceremony organised by AgriBriefing, the home of Farmers Guardian, Arable Farming and Dairy Farmer, celebrates and commends innovations in farming and achievements in agricultural businesses.
Although the event is in October, the closing date for entries is 26 June 2020. So, if you want to enter you need to before the end of this month.
British Farming Awards categories
All 15 British Farming Awards categories listed below will be judged by a panel of industry experts in agriculture.
- Agricultural Student of the Year
- Agri-tech Innovator of the Year
- Arable Innovator of the Year
- Beef Innovator of the Year
- Contractor Innovator of the Year
- Dairy Innovator of the Year
- Digital Innovator of the Year
- Diversification Innovator of the Year
- Family Farming Business of the Year
- Farm Worker of the Year
- Farmers Guardian Farming Hero
- Machinery Innovator of the Year
- New Entrant Award: Against the Odds
- Outstanding Contribution to British Agriculture
- Sheep Innovator of the Year
How to enter the British Farming Awards
It’s free to enter the British Farming Awards and you can enter as many categories as you like – entering yourself or nominating other individuals or businesses.
But first, you must visit the entry page, register your email address and fill in a short online form, which takes a matter of moments (we timed ourselves – it takes less than a minute and a half!).
Then you can begin an award entry or nomination. This involves filling in details about yourself or who or what business you’re nominating and answering a set of questions about what makes the entrant suitable for the award.
There’s also an option to upload supporting documents. We recommend saving each form as you go. And when you’re ready, you can submit. Good luck!
Enter the British Farming Awards here.